Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
CMHA Mid Island is a volunteer-driven organization that depends on volunteers like you to help us to develop our vision and provide services.
Studies show that regular volunteer activity can have a positive effect on mental and physical health. Volunteering with CMHA provides the opportunity to build skills, learn more about mental health and meet new people, while helping build a more caring community. Because of the benefits of volunteering, we especially encourage those personally affected by mental illness to volunteer.
We can use help in many different areas:
- Assist with data entry and office support related to fundraising and events.
- Assist with suicide prevention training.
- Become a board member.
- Join the Ride Don’t Hide Planning Committee. The event takes place June 24, 2018, and planning is already underway.
- Volunteer to help with Ride Don’t Hide leading up to the event and/or on the day of the event: June 24, 2018.
- Join the Mental Health Awareness Week Planning Committee, the event takes place May 7-13, 2018.
- Volunteer to help during Mental Health Awareness Week, which takes place May 7-13, 2018
Interested? Please email us for more information or call 250-618-7450.